Register by January 3, 2020
• This is a competitive, skills based traveling league and an evaluation is used. There is a risk that cuts will be made,
and no player is guaranteed a spot on any team regardless of team placement in 2019. For those who wish to skip the
evaluation process and have equal playing time please register and play in our recreation league.
• U10-U18 play in the Big West Softball league and 2 local tournaments.
• Your age on December 31, 2019 determines where you play in the Big West league. Anyone in 3rd grade born after
December 31, 2010 is eligible to participate in the 10U League. 2nd Graders are NOT eligible to participate.
• There is no guarantee that there will be enough players to fill out any team. If there are enough girls multiple teams
could be created as well. WAA and the Softball Advisory Board will evaluate and have the right to move girls up a level
or shift to another team as it seems fi t based on tryouts and numbers.
• In the event you were evaluated and not selected to the Big West Fastpitch League team or the tournament based
team you will receive a full refund minus the $15 evaluation fee/$10 processing fee. An email will be sent after evaluations
to explain additional softball options.
• League games will be played one or two nights per week, Mon-Thursday, however, if games are rescheduled due to
weather you could potentially play Fri/Sat/Sun. The league plays double headers on game nights. Tournaments will
be on weekends. These will conflict with other programs, i.e Waconia Marching Band, MYSA Soccer.
• 3rd & 4th graders are allowed to play in the Pee Wee Softball Season #2 if age/grade eligible
• Payment & Registration must be turned in PRIOR to evaluations. If registered after January 3, 2020 please add $30.
There is a payment plan available if you need it. Please call Waconia Community Education.
• Coaches, players and parents will have to sign a code of conduct form before the child is allowed to play.
• All uniforms will be available at the January tryout for participants to try on so the correct size is ordered. A parent/
guardian must come in to tryouts with their player and have the child try on the jersey. Parents/guardians will be
asked to initial that they have tried on the uniforms and the correct size was selected. CE is not liable if the uniform
was not tried on and the correct size wasn’t selected.
First round evaluations took place Sunday, October 6th
Second round evaluations will take place on Sunday, January 19
We strongly recommend attending both evaluation dates. The January evaluation will take place in the Waconia
Middle School Gym. (Wear gym shoes.) Teams will be decided in January 2020.
10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U Teams Sunday, January 19
Birth year 2007, 2008.................................................. Evals 3:00pm-5:00pm
Birth year ‘01, ‘02, ‘03, ‘04, ‘05, ‘06, ‘09, ‘10-3rd Grade+.. Evals 5:00pm-7:00pm
Big West Softball League Fee: $360
(After January 3, 2020 $390.)
Register with your birth year. Teams will be coordinated
Fee Includes: Uniform top, two tournaments, game and
field supplies, administration and a $25 nonrefundable
evaluation fee and processing fee.
**Other fees may apply based on if the team/coaches decide to play/qualify for additional tournaments and/or have paid coaches.
Big West Softball Refunds: A full refund will be given minus $25 (processing fee and tryout fee) from August 21, 2019 - January 19, 2020. After January 19, 2020 we cannot offer a refund.